Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Our first breast cancer support group

OK, so we went. There was a nutrition speaker there, which was alright. I have the tendency to shut out the good things that I should be doing when I can't follow through for lack of money. However, summer is here and I need out of the house more. It keeps both Hope and I from getting stagnate. I called ahead and made arrangements to bring Hope. I figured what the heck, worst that will happen is that they will say no. The answer was yes, we could try! Yay, so off we went to St. Xavier's in Missoula for our first support group. Hope did very good I thought. Considering that she still has training to go, and she is young and learning. She mostly sat or layed by me, with no barking of course. She got a little bit restless, as she loves to smell and visit. She also was quite interested in the light foot traffic in the hallway. We sat next to the door in the back of the group. My choice, as I had told the coordinator to just give me the sign if she was a problem. She didn't seem to think that she was a problem...and of course it helps that her daughter has a pibble in training to be a service dog. I think that next time we go, I need to make sure to leave early enough so we can have a little walk around the neighborhood before we go in. Overall, I am very pleased how it went. I will start going with or without Hope regardless, just to get out of the house and visit with other survivors. I can't share my wealth of knowledge in person if I don't get out.

Afterwards, we went back to Quality Supply again to try and fine tune the electric fence. I keep missing the guy with the most fence experience there, plus they are out of the right ground rods anyways. On the way out, I had to look at the discount table, which was full of pet stuff. I couldn't resist the pig costume, which will go back as it doesn't really fit Hope. I think she is a medium size dog, with a large size chest, duh! Anyways, we had to have a picture of course.

Hopalope, or pigley?

No comments:

Post a Comment