Monday, June 6, 2011

Little boy who cried wolf

I may ask people to listen to me a lot, but I don't truly reach out and ask for help often. Sometimes I get embarrassed when the help is offered, "Who me? I don't want all this attention, really I don't" Other times however, it has a different effect on me. What about the times when you really think you can't stand it anymore and you think you are just going to explode? You decide to buck up and ask for help, and no one is there. By the time they get there, if they get there, then you feel stupid. The moment has calmed down, or passed. Similar but different from when the little boy who cried wolf. Was it really that big of a deal, or is my head just whacked? Or maybe it is still that big of a deal, but you have managed to shove it to the back of your brain because you are now gun shy about revealing your innermost fears again.

Then there are those who say they want to help, but it has to be on their terms. What kind of help is this, you aren't the one who needed help! If I have to do battle with you, to get the help that I need....I'm likely to crawl in a hole and say forget about it. Somethings are just not worth the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment