Monday, March 7, 2011

Itch, itch, ITCH!

Kay, so this is a new one on me. My mastectomy/radiation zone has been itching like crazy since last night. Lotion doesn't seem to stop it, nor do essential oils of lavender, peppermint and Peace and Calm. Why the heck is it itching now? It never has before. In my mind, my mass is shrinking, and all is healing. You know- that itching that comes along with healing. Probably not really the cause, but it works for me in my mind until I find out the real answer!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little bit intuitive..but..get something at a healthfood store that supports liver function..I think the drugs are messing with it a little...nothing to worry about..but that's what came to me.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting lately. Your insight is greatly appreciated.

    Carolyn(breeze)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carolyn!I have been taking a probiotic pill, and a multi glandular support pill. I still haven't dug into exactly why my nurse practitioner wants me to take them. I know she wanted me to take them to help with the energy, but I'm not sure what else they are good for. Doc said it very well could be from healing, and told me to get some Benadryl. I took 1 on Wed when I bought it...and haven't had an itch since!
    So if your liver isn't functioning right, it will cause itching? Any idea why, and why only on the surgery site?

    ReplyDelete