Thursday, November 10, 2011

Juicing

K, I have stuck with it so far- at least 1 juice a day. I am graduating to 2. I have a cooler full of produce in the garage, to keep it out of the 9 year old smoothie maker's hands...and perhaps to leave some room in the fridge for others too.

I am sticking with my apple, spinach, carrot mixture in the morning. I drank my Kirkland Weight loss shake afterwards for protein, ooh and 4 grams of fiber. Yesterday evening I jumped right in, head first I think. In went about a cup of broccoli, a tomato, 3 celery sticks, a garlic clove, and a medium size habenero. I tried to sip it while I wash washing up. It was strong and potent. I also think it separates and you may have better luck stirring. It was hot in my mouth, but not that bad.....it was when it hit my stomach was the problem. It hit like a rock, and no warning to keep it down. It was short lived, and not very painful and pretty much all that I puked up

I am gluten, went back for more this evening. I hear how important habenero is and garlic too! Tonight was the smallest habenero in my bag, a garlic clove, tomato, 2 celery sticks and 3 leaves of kale. I sipped it slowly, and made sure it didn't settle too bad. It took me as long to sip as it took to clean up. It was defiantly not as hot. The smaller habenoro might have been enough. Not letting it settle makes sense. In my mind, I think something that looks like it might be a more solid juice, maybe soaks up some of the heat a little better too? I don't know, but it is in my stomach still!

No comments:

Post a Comment