Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lame, lame, lame

OK, I guess I am back to writing for myself now. I have an ex husband that feels the need to follow me via my blog, so I don't want to write anything that will fire up a nasty phone call. Somebody has taken it upon their self to tell my 93 year old grandmother that I smoke marijuana. Somebody's feelings are hurt because I hiked the M, 3 days after not feeling well enough to go to attend family member's wedding? I understand that I am about the only person who understands how chemo works for me, but you would think that people would be happy that I felt strong enough to climb the M. I just don't get it.

I am a big girl, and trust me- I pay VERY close attention to who I choose to share what with, and where I do this. If I have posted something, it is because I have thought it through, and believe that it has value to those I am sharing it with. Through out my journey in life, I have wanted nothing more then to share my story- in the hopes to make a difference in just 1 person's life. Not for my choices, and my experiences to be held over my head at a much later date in time. I have always struggled to please everyone else for most of my life. Guess what? Done now! This is my time, and my choice to finish out living my life the way I see fit, period. Unfortunately I am getting the feeling that in order to do so, I am going to hurt somebody's feelings for closing them out. When I quit writing, or hiding my feelings to the public, everyone will pay the price. I am very tired of sounding like a broken record. I have a lot of people that do seem to care what is going, that want to know the real story. I don't have it in me to repeat what is going on with me, and this is why it goes in a blog. I ask people, "Please read the blog, then ask me questions." I guess now, my blogger blog is now private, so I can control exactly who is reading it. Which means that I will now have no readers, as I'm not going to send out invitations. It defeats the whole purpose of my blog, which was to have complete strangers read my blog- and now they can't.

I keep my really personal blog postings on my blog, and not on my facebook blog. This will not change. However, the way I use Facebook may change. I thought that FB was a great way to keep in touch with people and family. It sounds like this is not that case after all, as my family doesn't really communicate with me via FB. It feels more like I am trying to communicate, and my family just watches every now and again and gets on my case later on down the road about something that I have posted. I don't really have the patience for FB 80zillion different settings, with share this but not that with him, but not her. So I guess this now means that I better like these settings, or clean up my friends list.

I guess what is most lame about the situation, is no matter how hard you try to live the best life that you can for yourself- there is always going to be somebody else out there that feels the need to rain on your parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment