Tuesday, May 24, 2011

This evening's reminder...

This evening's reminder came in the form of a gift bag I received at the breast cancer retreat that I am on this week. I'll fill you all in when I get home! I am at the Lotus Survival Foundation's, Mind Body & Soul retreat. The survivors were asked to raise their hands if they were still undergoing treatment, as in chemo or radiation. So I raised my hand, and was handed an adorable little bag of goodies. Another survivor had created these bags after her own experiences with radiation called Renewing You. It is an adorable kit, with some extremely useful items in it for radiation. I am no longer in radiation, and will not likely be doing any in the near future. This thought popped into my head as things do at times, and you just can't shake it. To me it seems like a no brainer, but even the best people can forget it at times. I know, as I am one of those people. That thought was, "Take no more and no less the exactly what you need, as the person behind you may need it a lot more then you" The bag was a beautiful wonderful gift, but I have seen and experienced the effects of radiation treatment, and I know there is another woman out there that needs this gift much more than I. It will give me an excuse to go down and visit the radiation department, as it has been awhile. Good night from St.Pete's, and to all a goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment