Thursday, May 26, 2011

My good deed for the day.

So I am still under the impression that I need to tell security that I am wearing a prosthetic boob when I go through security. Which is no big deal for me, as I believe my lack of insecurities about it promotes awareness. So I told the male security guard that I had one. I think I flustered him, and he said he would get a female. There was also a long line to security today. I went through the regular detector with no problems, so off I went. As I was getting my stuff out of the bins, a woman who had been near me in line, came up to me. She tells me how I flustered the men in line, who had apparently overheard me about the prosthetic. She said that they were all looking at me....and I had on shorts and a tank top. They were looking for limbs, and were confused. She said she told them that that wasn't what she thought I had meant. Good for her! I had quite a chuckle with her and explained that I was not shy, as that would not help with awareness, and I told her about the retreat that I had been at. Then I realized that her young teenage daughter had to get her bag searched, as she had a big bottle of Pantene hairspray. I could see her hemming and hawing about throwing it out. Mom got her to throw it out. Then Mom pulled her over and told her to look  at me, instead of worrying about her hairspray. The poor thing took one look at me, and I swear she almost lost it...because she realized what was going on with me. Mom used it as a great lesson in awareness, but I felt so bad for the poor thing! I hugged her and said no worries, but just always remember to check her boobies, and hopefully she will not be in my situation someday. Mom said I had done my good deed for the day, so all is well! OK, My flight is about to board. I am so tired now. I played like the rock star warrior survivor that I am, and now my body knows that I have done a wonderful job at my retreat, and now it is time to call it good and go home and rest. I am on my path to pay it forward, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment