Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Off to my 2nd treatment of my 5th regiment

That sounds crazy, how did I get to 5 different kinds of chemo in a year and a half? Who would have thought? I have also just become aware of the fact that vanilla yogurt with frozen blueberries on top, tastes WAY better the blueberry yogurt. And you all know why I am eating blueberries and yogurt...antioxidants and probiotics.
  So I'm back, my apologies for the lack of update. I have just been just so tired...emotionally, physically and chemically? Referring to the part of chemo that makes me tired, versus just flat out overdoing it. The good news, is the Docetaxol is out of my system, to be never heard from again. My nose stopped driving me crazy about 2 weeks ago, so I can quit walking around picking it. My fingers are getting back to feeling like normal, so I guess I could walk around picking my nose if I wanted to. Did I sound like that was the worst of it 3 weeks ago, because suddenly that is all I remember. Oh, and food has been tasting right again too.
  Onto the nitty gritty, as I know that's why my millions of readers are here today...to get the update that I should have given a week ago, right? So I had a CT scan last Wed, before I got my scheduled dose of Docetaxol. As I suspected, I did not get my scheduled dose of Docetaxol. In fact I got myself booted off the study, and will never take any of the Taxol family again. I got booted from the study because the Docetaxol is acting like fertilizer to my chest mass. CT showed that mass has grown 73% since my last ct, less then 2 months ago. That sucks! So, last dose of Docetaxol was 3 weeks prior, and my blood work looked good. Doc was able to start me on my new regiment that day, which now consists of Cisplatin, and Gemzar- which I will take once a week now.
  H says that she is sorry, but my chemo options will not get any easier from here on out. I can appreciated the honesty, but I don't quite get it. If chemos are spaced out differently, so you body has time to recover, then wouldn't the ones with 2 week gaps be harsher then weekly chemos? Also, so far...my 2 Docetaxols have been much harsher on me then my 1 combo dose, (we'll call it C/G for easy). Even the side effects on the drug sheet look easier. They are really concerned about my blood count, and my liver function this trip around. Maybe it means that we have serious problems it either of those start causing me problems. The painful pain in the ass side effects before were just that pain in the ass, not serious. On my list to ask today!
OK, I'm signing off here. I had a wonderful Sunday with my GF, and I want to write about that later, so I can share some pics of me and my Pink Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment