Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Smiles

 Hi all! Here we have another email that needed to get turned into a blog. This was what a response to a total stranger turned into. Just trying to cheer her up and make her smile, though I'm not convinced my emotional moment cheered her up!
 "Life is funny that way...I look forward to the days again when I can smile every day...just because, not because I need that smile. My life has come crashing down around me, and why I'm still smiling- I'll never know. I always hope that the smile I put on for all those around me is as genuine, as it feels for me. Sure, I've given a lot of "fake" smiles over the years- but suddenly I find it really important for those around me to know that my smile is the real deal. Not just for show, not just to try to make them feel less scared of possibly losing me. All I want to do is make it easier on my loved ones, if I lose my battle. I want them to know that I am OK with it, if my death is what it comes down to. I also want them to know that I gave it everything that I had. I know death is never easy, but I want the hardest parts for my family to be over with by the time I pass. I just don't want them to suffer and grieve for long. Please pick up the pieces, and let your hearts mend. Continue to live and hold me in your heart on your adventures- take my spirit with you to those wonderful places that my body will no longer allow me to go. Remember all that I have learned and tried to share...and always remember to pass it on to the next person who needs it.
Wow L , thanks for the accidental inspiration! Poor thing, reading my moment, doing what the heck is this woman talking about? I needed a blog update, and you just gave me one! People get me writing sometimes, and I have to turn it into a blog posting. I'm not sure if it will make you smile, but in a weird sort of way it might! The above writing might make a little bit more sense if I tell you that I am a stage 4 metastatic breast cancer survivor. I have been battling this since 8/09, and it is currently way out of control. So yes, we are scared right now. I am frustrated, as I just want to make those around me be less scared. If I can still smile, I want that for every ones else around me too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment