Monday, August 23, 2010

Wednesday, December 02, 2009 Catching up on blogging!

Hi all, I'm back! My blogs are moved...hopefully it's not too graphic for you, as this is me. Let's see where to start...missed a whole month somehow. I just finished the last of my A/C chemo on Monday. I have 4 more Taxol chemos to go. Doc says this kind is much easier, and I think no nausea. He wrote me another pain script, as he says this set will make my body more achy probably. My blood counts look great, and he is VERY pleased with my progress...as are LA and I. In fact I feel so good most of the time, I almost feel bad sharing that with people. Only because I'd hate for someone to think it was that easy and then have a miserable time of it...if that makes sense.

LA and I are still in amazement over a couple of things...first...how fast time has been flying by. # months already since diagnosis. Wait, I think he thinks it feels like 9 months...and I think it has just zoomed. Everythime we walk in the chemo room, we ask where did these 2 weeks go? Whereever they went, I consider myself to be so blessed that time is not dragging for me. Spring will be here before we know it, with my hair growing back....and I can ride with out my watchdogs worring about me getting sick! Secondly, so amazed at how well I feel. The docs and everyone seem to be quite impressed by my healing. What is it that feels like I am so special in all this? I don't get it at all! Is it my age, my health...that tumor was not very small as far as cancer goes. Is it my state of mind...what is it? I read somewhere that one will probably deal with cancer the same way that they dealt with life before cancer. That makes sense, and makes me feel really good. As far as my health goes...maybe I am in much better health then I give myself credit for. I consider myself to be healthy...and very lucky. I was pretty rough on my body in my 20's, as wild childs sometimes are! I've drank way more then my share of booze, been addicted to crack and meth...bout the only drug I never felt the urge to try was heroin. I ate like shit for many years.Lots of birth control. I suppose all these things are possibly WHERE the cancer came from maybe, but we'll never know. I think I just got lucky, and am very healthy besides the cancer. I'm sure my health is a lot of the reason whay I am strong enough to fight this. LA figures that my body has built up sort of an immune system from all the bad shit, and therefore maybe I am better able to fight it because of the bad shit. Hmmm, something to chew on!

Anyways, if you didn't get it- overall I feel great. I put 40+ miles on my bike on Nov. 9, a week after treatment. It was awesome, the sun was out and my hand was on the throttle. I was crying because I felt like supergirl...it was amazing. I rode into Zootown, to go visit another lady just diagnosed. She gets a mastectomy in a week. I really wanted to go meet her, and it was important to me to go show her me on my bike. Her and her hubby ride as well. I wanted to show her how well I was healed, and how spunky I was feeling. It was just awesome to meet her, and so rewarding to visit her. Little bit cold coming home, as I didn't take all my leathers off while visiting her.

I went for another ride on the 17th. Just to Arlee for my errands. It was 60+ degress out and sunny. My watchdogs got home before I took off. Crankcase and my husband were not pleased that I was going. I am done till spring, or else Crankcase will flatten my tires! They are just worried about me getting sick, with my weakened immune system. I went, as I felt good and I was warm and spunky. I really wanted to ride without a hat on, but I figured I better not push it with my guards. Someone told me it was really erotic with a fresh shaved head in the wind! I did take my beanie off when I got to Arlee, but I'm sure it doesn't feel the same without the highway air! My husband came and found me and he didn't get too mad. I did however put my hats back on, before I lost him when we took off for home. Sorry honey...you too slow...and your bike is way faster then mine. The boys were probably onto something, as my temp went up to 102.8 4 days later. That was not fun, and I will be much more careful now. Still glad I got that last ride in for the year though...no regrets!

What else? There is light at the end of the tunnel for finances. We got some stuff figured out, and working on more. I have a new accountant on board, so hopefully that will help. Please give a big shout out to the Dirty Corner Chapter of the Hermanos. They are selling tickets for an enclosed trailer, along with the newly formed Pink Ladies. They have all been promoting like crazy! Those girls got themselves on the radio, and I think there is a link on the Blaze. This is the part that makes me feel so emotional...and so loved. I always knew I was a good person...but my family just makes me feel moree special and loved then I ever knew. Thank you all, and thanks for soaking my face and shirt again! I keep saying, "what can I do to help", and it is hard to accept that my place is just healing right now. My time will come so I can pay it forward. OK, enough blogging for now...I need a rest.
My Pink Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment