Sunday, August 22, 2010

Saturday, March 15, 2008 Rest in peace Grandpa

Saturday, March 15, 2008 Rest in peace Grandpa


Current mood: sad

Oh my dear Grandpa...I wish I could have been there to say goodbye. I am so very thankful that I got to see you in January...way too many years had passed. That has weighed so heavy on my mind for the last few years, the fear that something would happen before I got to see you again. I was so relieved and joyous to visit with you and Grandma. You got to meet my husband, who thought you were the neatest man. You took me to the graveyard to see my baby brother. I had never been able to go see him before, and it tore my heart that it seemed that you were the only one who knew where the grave was. You made my heart feel lighter when you told me you had plots next to Charlie’s...so he wouldn’t be alone anymore.



You were such a special man to me, even though at times it may not have seemed so. I was so proud to come see you again, and show you who I’ve have grown up to be. I beat the odds Grandpa, where not so many could. I am so blessed to come from such a strong family, we’ve survived great tragedy and Dad and I are OK.



You had 93 great years. I am OK with the fact that you were tired of fighting, and tired of being in pain. Your shared so many wonderful things with us while you were here. I worry about Grandma, but I think she is OK with this too. When it is time, you will be together again. Dad will be all right, as hard as this is. He has some peace knowing you will be next to Charlie, and knowing that you brought me to see him. It was probably still too hard for him to bring me to see his baby boy, even after 33 years. Thank you so much for doing that for us Grandpa, it meant the world to me.



It’s time to say goodbye now. I guess I did that in January, but just didn’t know it. I thought for sure you could live to be 100, as you looked so well still. I love you Grandpa, and tell Charlie all about me...and please go find my cat, Stroker, he passed away the night before I got home from Texas....I didn’t abandon him at the vet when we left. We had to go, and I knew Crankcase would take good care of him for me.



Goodbye for now, your loving granddaughter Charmine

No comments:

Post a Comment