Sunday, August 22, 2010

Friday, November 16, 2007 Friends for a lifetime?

Friday, November 16, 2007 Friends for a lifetime?


More excerpts from a response to a dear friend. This person was wondering about friendships, and why one gets so excited to find old friends....and why they don't respond back.



I'm glad to see you are writing. It helps me out, even if the person I was thinking about doesn't even read it. I wish I had a better answer for you, other then people are just people, and lots of people are pretty self-involved and self-centered. Sometimes it helps shake it off, if you can stand back and take a look at yourself. If you can honestly say that you aren't like that (or maybe I am, and I should work on that), then sometimes it helps to be greatful for who you are and chalk it up to, "I'm better then that, and this person isn't worth my time troubling myself". Sometimes it's just the road of life. There is a cool email that I run into everyonce in awhile about friends. I wish I had it saved, but I don't. It's the one about different kinds of friends, some for a day, some for a week, some for a lifetime. Some are there, just because, some are there because we need them to help us through a particuliar time in life....and some are forever. I still get really happy about running into old friends, and seeing what they have grown into, but then sometimes the moment passes sometimes. Either by my doing, or by their's. That's alot of what I felt when I moved back to Spokane. I also realise though, that they change, I change...and we still have to keep walking our own path of life. That doesn't make them, or any less of a friend....we are just different now. There is probably only a very small handful of people that we went to school with, that can actually relate to my life now. They might think...she's a bad person, she's married to a member of an "outlaw motorcycle gang", they might think I'm cool because I run with the "bad boys", or wow, she's a really neat person. They might think, she hasn't made a success out of herself(to THEIR standards), or they just might not give a shit....but how many people actually take the time to find out who I grew up to be, and what I believe in? Oh well, not worth using my valuable time to worry about their "personality defects" I hope this helps ease your mind a little bit. I've spent a lot of time over the years thinking or worrying about friends. I've got some dear friends that I rarely ever get to talk to anymore, (you being one), but everytime we get together, it's like time has stood still. Those are my favorite kind of friends! Hang in there my friend, you are doing what you need to do for yourself. Just remember, "To thyne own self be true"

No comments:

Post a Comment