Monday, August 23, 2010

Friday, January 15, 2010 1 numb index finger

Friday, January 15, 2010 1 numb index finger


Current mood: blessed

Hell, if that's the worst of the Taxol treatment...I can definetly take 1 more dose! It's side effects are supposed to be hair loss, numb fingers and toes, low white blood count, mouth sores, and primarily achy joint/muscles. Doc says blood count is great, and I'm cleared for hot tubbing. My mouth hasn't been breaking out, I ache so little, that I'm not really sure if I'm aching, my hair is still doing the same thing...barely growing and still falling out. And just my right index finger is numb....probably because it gets used the most on the computer? No naseau anymore just rocks...I have been eating whatever I want. OK, with the help of some heartburn pills, but that's OK. Oh yes...this night sweat thing is ridiculous too. favorite down pillow has really taken a beating through out this! I already am up half the night, then I just start gushing sweat. It has taken me months to figure out about taking a wet washcloth to bed with me. When I start sweating, I'l lay that wash cloth across my head. That helps cool me down and put me back to sleep way faster then nothing at all. I am still taking 1 of my good naseau pills at night too, as oit seems to help with the not sleeping.

I asked Doc on Monday about getting my port out, and how long he wanted to wait to MAKE SURE we don't need it again. He says he wants it out ASAP, he is quite confident that we won't need it again. I still don't understand fully how he knows for sure it is gone. He can tell by my blood work, and the fact that the chemo is not making me sick. I don't quite get it...and it really doesn't bother me much. Hopefully there is never a reason to regret not fully understanding some of this. I still stick by my original statement that I have to put some trust in my doctors. If I don't, I will drive myself crazy, as I am such a worry wart. I have been doing so good at keeping my worrying in check, so I don't want to screw it up now. Whew it is hard too, my money wheels have been trying to spin all day....and those are the hardest ones for me to keep in check. OK< off and running...I'll go to the post office and do my runs....got to find something else to occupy my brain space with now! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment