Monday, August 23, 2010

1st Taxol treatment, so far so good

1st Taxol treatment, so far so good


Current mood: confused

Whee ha! Can't believe I only have 3 treatments left! Yippee! I still can't figure out where the time has gone. I had my first Taxol treatment on Monday. I was pretty nervous this time, and didn't want to go. I was afraid I was going to get sick in the chair like last time. I went though...have to of course. They gave me Benydryl this time first, can't remember why. That made me feeel pretty whoozy. Crankcase and my husband sat with me for awhile- chomping at the bit wanting to know what I wanted for lunch. Food was the last thing that sounded good. Finally I sent them off for a bacon double cheeseburger and fries. I was quite surprised that it actually went down alright. I think the Benydryl had started wearing off by then. They left me and went to visit J-Paul for awile, and I finally kicked back and went to sleep. 1st time I've actually slept in the chair. This was a longer session this time. 10:45, and done at 3pm. The candy stripers came around and gave me a new hat. So I fell asleep with my hands in the knit hat, my coat on my lap..plus a quilt. So needless to say, I was quite surprised to wake up with my drip done, no husband, and my head just absolutely drenched in sweat. I did it...done...3 more to go!

We are now on Wed. I had heartburn on Monday, and into Tues. Nothing that Zantac 75 doesn't take care of. I was up all day yesterday doing bookwork. I didn't want anything to do with my computer chair by 3:30 when I came back from my banking. I spent the rest of the evening on my bed. I ate gumbo...food was good. The aches were coming on though. I finally took some pain meds to go to sleep. Still up and down all night, and alternating between sweating and chills. I felt like an old lady this morning. Took another pain pill and drifted off. I feel pretty good now physically. I want to throttle my stubborn husband, but that's another story. I will keep my sanity somehow! My baby sista is coming to visit me tomorrow. That will be great...I will be so happy to see her!

No comments:

Post a Comment