Thursday, December 15, 2011

A winter day walk

I had to go in for labs today, to check my Coumadine levels. Nothing too exciting there, now  I am a bit too thin, so another new pill routine. I sat in the office with him today for some reason. I double checked to make sure I understood the pain pill routine, which I did. Except now I have the mixing pill thing down. I can mix any of my pills, just might want to be prepared to take a nap is all. No damage to my liver or organs for mixing them, whew. He got out his calipers, and the mass is the same. This is good, only for me. For me, no change is better then growth. He also measured one of my lymph nodes on my neck for the first time. He thinks that he better watch that. We talked about taking another dose of my current CMF, for the sake of it is holding steady at the moment. I'm not convinced he has any other option.

Did I really just have to say that? That sucks, but I did. We talked about it again. He hasn't really seen any other cases like mine where it is so resilient as mine, was my understanding when I asked. He is pretty much out of ideas I think. There might be some old ball study that he can't get me on for some reason. How can this be? I mostly feel pretty damn healthy, so how can this be? And I don't even know what to do about it, just like my Onc. What the hell do I do, somebody please tell me!

On a lighter note, Hope was in the truck waiting for me as usual. I decided that we should go for a walk by the river and come back through downtown. Look at my sweet girl, I am so blessed with her love every day! Here she is patiently waiting for mom to medicate before we go for our walk.

And now we have made it out of the car. It's snowing out a little bit, but not too terribly cold. I had my huge hooded leather jacket on, and treat bag at my waist. We aren't walking on a prong collar today either. I put my support band on Hope's leash for Clint Miller. He passed on a couple days ago after a furious battle with testicular cancer.


                            Off we went. We walked down by the river just west of Caras Park.



This looks like a pretty nice resting spot by the river on the fence line. So there I left Clint's band. I hope not to see you too soon, but save me a place at your table please!


So that was my day. I loved my walk with Hope, it was a good day. I feel good, and I got some things accomplished. Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment