Saturday, February 5, 2011

Yesterday's lab visit

OK, so I had my Friday labs yesterday, which includes the usual 5 vials of blood, urinalysis, and an EKG. Easy peasy, no biggie. I usually get to visit with my clinical research lady, H. So I got to pick her brain a bit more about what Doc said when I was in for chemo on Wed. I believe she said the chest mass has grown 2 cm since oncologist measured it last. I can't remember when that was, but I'm guessing about 6 weeks ago. She said the main concern is on the chest mass, but not out of fear of it growing into my bone. The fear is how fast it is growing again.
  So my understanding of the new game plan is this. I am scheduled for a CT scan at 8:30 on the day of my next scheduled chemo day. My oncologist will look at the scan after that, before we do chemo. If there is not some shrinkage going on it all, we will not be doing any more Docetaxol. If the decision is made to take me off it, I am ASSUMING that I will have a couple more weeks chemo free- to clear my system of the Docetaxol. (yippee, maybe enough time to get my pink ribbon tattooed!) H rattled of more chemos to try, but I can't remember what they are called. All I know is we are not out of options yet! How annoying is that going to be if I have to come off the Docetaxol, and onto a new chemo...that does not make me lose my hair? That would suck, but it's OK...just part of the deal.
 Oh yes, and btw....this is now 4 pm on Sat. Not feeling too shabby. Labs and grocery store yesterday. I started feeling a tinge of flu like, and took some Tylenol when I got home. Not feeling great, but definitely OK. I even ate pretty good last night too! Same thing with today. Got up early to knock out some book work while I still felt decent. I took some more Tylenol,, and a Zantac 150 and knocked out my bills. Still up on the couch blogging. Maybe the Tylenol is my secret weapon for this round.
  I haven't eaten at all today. Nothing sounding good, except my bacon and cheese omelet that I haven't made yet. I bought a bunch of veggies and Quinoa. I am going to go surf and find a recipe, so I can make a cold Quinoa salad for the fridge. That sounds, healthy, and not too heavy. Might serve me well for the next couple of days. Anybody got a good one?

No comments:

Post a Comment