Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Round 2 of Docetaxol down

Well, down the hatch and feeling good, thanks to the steroids. My parents came to chemo today, along with 1 of my sisters and 2 gfs. I actually requested a private room today, as I knew I had company. It was a bad start to the day with my husband again, so he just dumped me off out front again. Thank gosh for my support crew, or I would have been a mess.

Today's battle-nothing like your husband canceling your surprise b-day party right in front of you. All because he didn't listen to what I originally wanted to do, and made his own plans for me. I would have rather done birthday party, but he blew a fuse without thinking it through. Made me feel so crappy. I am still just blown away by his behavior, yet I'm the one who makes him look like a chump, not! (I won't rehash the work and joy I got out of the surprise party for him)
  So anyways, chemo was fine, but not a great doctor's appointment. I was so glad my parents finally got to meet my oncologist. I think he liked my spreadsheet, as did H, my clinical research lady. He told me to start with Tylenol, to alleviate the flu symptoms. Try to save the pain pills for pain. Then he looked at the bad lymph node under the collar bone that we can now see. He wasn't impressed with that, and headed back for his calipers. I don't even think that he measured the node. I think he went straight for the chest mass. Before I thought his main concern was the multiple sternum nodes. Now I'm not so sure. The growth on that mass is what is concerning him, as the mass is still getting bigger. So my guess today is that he is concerned about that mass getting into my bone, because it is so close on my chest wall. I can't help but feel that he is getting more concerned then he is letting on, and my family felt the same. So, scheduled for 1 more dose in 3 weeks. If there is still no positive change after the 3rd dose, that will be the last Docetaxol, and we will try something different. We aren't out of options yet, this one may just not be good enough for my particular cancer. I'll be OK, but I am a little scared. Not even sure if scared is the right word, maybe just sad that maybe I don't have enough time to do the things I want to do.

We went for lunch at The Stone of Accord- great Irish food. Perfect light sandwich for after chemo. While we ate lunch, Hope proceeded to eat about a half pound of birthday fudge that I never even got a taste of! She hasn't puked yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment