Monday, August 23, 2010

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 How to not feel bad about one's joy

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 How to not feel bad about one's joy




This is the Hibiscus that Hermano Slick Rick and the lovely Julie brought for me the day of surgery. It was still blooming then, and I fell in love with it. It reminded me of warm sunshine and happy thoughts. It went into a plant hibernation shortly after that. I have been watching the buds come back. This bud opened up the day after my last chemo treatment, and I thought how appropriate. Things are on the downhill slide again...moving forward and getting better. This is great news. We brought in a cake to chemo to celebrate. Just seemed like we should do something. It was also all about wishing everyone else well, and to show them too, that there is light at the end of the tunnel. My nurse came over and gave me a certificate for finishing. my eyes suddenly just welled up. I'm sure part of it was relief, but there was something else there too. Suddenly I really didn't want to make a big deal about getting out of there. I just wanted to slip out quietly and get home. Yes, I want to show others that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but what if there is not? Cancer is such a cruel disease, so I suppose there is light for all at the end of the tunnel in one form or another. Just doesn't make me want to appear to joyous suddenly.

My husband just came home and said that our friend who has been going through cancer as well, has it in a different spot now. I don't know if it has been there all along, or if it just moved in. All I know is it freaks me out, and the tears started flowing. Anybody I know that has got it in multiple places, don't seem to make it. It is so hard to feel comfortable being happy for myself, when I hear this news .
New blooms for last chemo treatment

No comments:

Post a Comment