Sunday, August 22, 2010

Monday, January 29, 2007 My first January ride in MT

Monday, January 29, 2007 My first January ride in MT


Current mood: amused

I tried to go for a ride on Tues....I made it as far down the driveway as the big frozen mud ruts. Over we went as I was trying to figure out how to navigate my way through. Then of course I was stuck with no supervision...and The Violet One down on her side on the ice. Tex came out and helped me pick her up, and there she sat till hubby came home. I shouldn't have tried to make my maiden voyage across the ice alone...but I was a chicken shit sissy-lala. Gotta buck up and face my fears, so I tried anyways...guess I need ice-steering lessons! How pissed off was I when I got in the truck and the roads were good? If I could just make it the few 100 feet to the highway!

Anyway...hubby got a good laugh at my attempt to go for a ride. The next day, he went and pulled her out for me. As far as I'm concerned...if I can't get to the road, I can't ride. He only brought her part way to me...I still had to take her through all the rest of the mud bog to get to the road. I'm a bit of a chicken-shit in my old age...so lack of riding around my new home, and mud and gravel, made me a bit skittish. We put about 60 miles on our bikes that day, down into Missoula and back. I was a bit frustrated with my skittishness, but I got through it. Damn, I needed that wind! He made me navigate through the muck more then once with me calling him a jack-ass...but I survived and was glad he made me. If I want to ride before it's hot enough for all the mud to dry...I better get used to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment